Sep 17, 2009

Lucky Me!

On my way to work today to beautify the many women that trust and believe in me. My work doesn't feel like a job. I mostly feel like I am gathering with a bunch of girlfriends, catching up on gossip, their love lives, and sometimes, challenging times. These women are inspirational, funny and passionate. I listen and comfort, without judgement, with my hands. I am so lucky to have a job where I can truly be myself and feel total fulfillment with each and every visit. I work with pride and the urgency to treat and help every woman with dignity and my undivided attention. Many people out there dislike their jobs and I really feel sad about that. When I decided to become a makeup artist, it was more for the love of beauty and makeup for myself. After 15 years in the industry, I feel that the most important part of my job is giving love with the words I say, how my hands touch their faces, and to give full respect to the women. On a bad days, I try to remember that I am blessed to have the opportunity to help women. Most good days, I do it without any effort and know that I am privileged. Lucky Me!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic post!!! and you most certainly do all that and more,I'm proud of you ms cocamia ;=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the post. i love hearing your voice.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails